Metropolis of Boston Philoptochos Board Meeting Minutes
January 28, 2012
Meeting was brought to order at 9:50 AM
Metropolitan Methodios opened with the Lord’s Prayer
Members in attendance: Philippa Condakes, Helen Argeris, Georgia Amanatidis, Alexandra Dimou, Kiki Feldmar, Eleni Giannakis, Eleni Glaropoulos, Vicki Helali, Georgia Lagadinos, Frances McInnis, Barbara Orlando, Stephanie Panagos, Eleni Pantelis, Diane Stamatopulos, Eleni Stamboulidis, Maria Tamvakologos, Cleo Tsolas.
Motion to waive the reading of the minutes from 10/29/11 By Georgia Lagadinos; 2nd Diane Stamatopulos. Motion Passed.
- Letter from St. Basil’s to renew donation
- Thank you from EOMC
- Christmas card from St. Barbara’s chapter @ St Athanasios
- Correspondence from Hellenic College
Treasurer’s Report- Diane Stamatopulos
- Sovereign Checking account balance-$27,339.84
- Faith and Heritage account balance-$276.06
- Philoxenia House account balance-$3,091.27
Philippa is working on the waiver of bank fees for the board as we are a nonprofit.
His Eminence wants us to spread the word about the availability of Social Services funds for people in need.
Stephanie Panagos volunteered to become the Public Relations person for Board
- President, Philippa Condakes updated us on the ratification of chapters: Pittsfield, Marlboro and Pawtucket will be addressed.
- There was discussion of website updates and forth coming additions. There will be the addition of a Treasurer’s page so individual chapters will have access to this as well as the calendar.
Barbara Orlando gave an update on the retreat be held at St. Methodios Faith & Heritage Center March 30-31. All chapter liaisons are asked to please contact their Chapter Presidents once the mailings are sent out. His Eminence asked that the Retreat be called an all Womens Retreat and to include mothers, daughters, Aunts and friends.
Discussion of Center of Philanthropy fund raiser- Philippa gave an update on the fundraiser planning and our goal for Fall 2012. Different venues have been looked and the planning is ongoing.
Our Biennial fundraiser will be Spring of 2013. Possible venues were discussed and the topic of a Chef Demonstration and possibly using the Hellenic College for a location. Philippa would like a Volunteer to Chair this event and also a committee.
The Clergy-Laity Conference will be in Phoenix –July 1-4, 2012.
We will make calls to encourage chapters to attend and send a delegate to the conference. Philippa noted that National Board members do not attend as Chapter or Metropolis delegates.
Philoxenia House: Maria Tamvakologos
- The house is semi-full. Many churches have visited and brought gifts/food donations for families.
- Discussion for a visit by the Board and a luncheon visit will follow our next meeting on March 10th 2012.
Faith and Heritage Center-Barbara Orlando
- Registration for family winter and GOYA camps is open. Counselor training programs are ongoing.
Pine Street/Outreach-Georgia Lagadinos
- Service dates were updated
- Donations for hope found are still needed
- Discussion re: veterans and homeless, Italian home for children needs donations
- March 16 &17, 2012-National Board Meeting and Open the Doors Luncheon, Atlanta, Ga.
- March 30-31, 2012-2nd Annual Philoptochos Retreat, St Methodios Faith and Heritage Ctr, NH
- May 12, 2012-Oratorical Festival and Philoptochos Board Meeting: Eleni Giannakis, Vicki Helali. Diane Stamatopulos
- May 12, 2012 Hellenic College/Holy Cross 75th Anniversary at the Boston Pops
- June 2012-Metropolis Laity Awards Dinner
- June 13, 2012 St Methodios vespers and Reception; July 1-4, Philoptochos Biennial Convention, Phoenix, AZ
The Board has planned a luncheon for the Philoxenia house following our next meeting on March 10, 2012
Hostesses will be needed for March10/ and our April Meeting-please notify Philippa.
Respectfully Submitted, Barbara Orlando