2021 Biennial Conference
Dear Metropolis of Boston Philoptochos Sisters,
In conjunction with the Biennial Metropolis Clergy-Laity conference, it is my pleasure to invite you to the Metropolis of Boston Philoptochos Biennial Conference to be held on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at Saint Demetrios, 57 Brown Street, Weston, Massachusetts 02493. Conference sign-in will begin at 9:00 am, with proceedings opening at 9:30 am and adjourning by 1:00 pm. (Lunch included.) A Zoom dial-in will also be provided for those not able to participate in person.
Highlights of the Conference include His Eminence Metropolitan Methodios, National Philoptochos Recording Secretary Philippa Condakes, and the 2021-2023 Metropolis Board elections.
In compliance with the National Philoptochos Bylaws, the following may serve as delegates with voting privileges at the Conference:
- All Metropolis of Boston Philoptochos National Board members, current Metropolis Board members, and Metropolis Past Presidents
- The Chapter President shall be a delegate to the Metropolis Conference. In the event the Chapter President is unable to attend, the next ranking officer shall serve as the delegate. Up to two (2) additional delegates may be elected, from among the full members, at a general meeting of the membership. All delegates have voting privileges
- Individuals may join as a Guest to observe at the Conference. Guests will not serve as delegates and are ineligible to vote or run for the Metropolis Board.
Board Elections & Nominations
Outlined in your registration packet you will find details of the Board election proceedings. Per National Philoptochos Bylaws, two candidates from each area of the Metropolis may be elected. The full election bylaws and a list of the eight area designations is enclosed.
Advance nominations may be noted on the registration or emailed to the Election Chair before Wednesday, October 6 at email@example.com. Nominations will also be accepted at the Conference.
- A nominee’s eligibility must be certified by her Chapter President.
- Voting will occur at the Virtual Metropolis Biennial Conference.
- Each registered Metropolis Conference Delegate shall have one vote.
You may register online (preferred) or by mailing the attached registration with payment no later than Wednesday, October 6, 2021.We look forward to seeing you and reporting on our activities and plans for the future.
With sisterly love,