Metropolitan Methodios and Members of The Hellenic Women's Club Visit The Philoxenia House in Brookline
His Eminence Metroplitan Methodios and members of the The Hellenic Womenen's Club visited the families of the Philoxenia House on Saturday, December 1, 2012. The Hellenic Women's Club have been visiting and supporting the Philoxenia House for several years. The Hellenic Women’s Club, Inc. (EOK) was established in Boston in 1936 by seven women of Greek descent and is believed to be the oldest Greek American organization of its kind in the United States. The original purpose of the Club was to raise money for orphans as part of the Greek War Relief effort. Today, its 40 dedicated members offer their talent, energy and spirit to the continued mission of charity. The Philoxenia House was established 26 years ago by His Eminence Metropolitan Methodios. This Orthodox “home away from home” continues to offer hospitality to brethren from throughout Greece and the world, all of whom come to Boston for medical treatment. The Philoxenia House is run by dedicated volunteers who assist His Eminence in all facets of this important and vital ministry.